Sunday, September 7, 2008

Windows

I installed MS windows on my mac today.  I've got some old games that I want to play.

Here's a record of my problems:

• The bluetooth keyboard tool gives you two seconds to type eight character passwords.
• I installed to an unformatted partition.  It didn't work.  It wouldn't ever work.  But it let me try for 30 minutes.
• I connected to the internet and went to windowsupdate.  The first thing I could do, before actually updating the computer, is verify my computer by downloading WGA.
• In the 10 minutes I needed to handle WGA, my computer was passively infected with a virus.
• The virus wouldn't let me install SP3 or the windows virus remover.
• Thank Steve Wozniak that I can figure it out on my own.
• Four reboots to update to the latest files.

Thanks for reading.  This one was for me, not you.

1 comment:

Tea Pot with Natasha said...

I'm surprised that you even downloaded MS.