Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dream Theater Greatest Hit CD

Dream Theater released a CD called "Greatest Hit (and 21 other pretty cool songs)".  Pretty funny, because only one of their songs was ever popular.  I like DT a whole bunch, but I acknowledge that it takes a while to train your ear to enjoy it.  I listen to DT frequently, and I really like them, but few other people enjoy it.

Speaking of acquired tastes, there is an interesting episode of Radio Lab which talks about the international appeal of country music.  I found the story interesting because I grew up listening to country music with my parents, I really liked it, and it certainly wasn't cool.  I don't listen to country often these days, although some of the old songs are still good for more than nostalgia.  Here is a link to the program, available free on iTunes: iTunes Link

And now, back to the books!

No comments: